A Travellerspoint blog


rain 11 °C

Wed 30th

About to go to bed in Bristol
Today has been exhausting amazing and fantastic I'm not sure how Sylva did it but she drove from Keswick to Manchester then Manchester to Bristol (all up about 8 hours driving)...proberly should have had more then one driver but as you all know I don't drive so I congratulate her.

We started out in Keswick at 6am (ouch) and was ready by 645am Tommy told us the night before he wouldn't let us go till we either ate or drank something (again proberly the best idea) and he was in the dining room waiting for us. we both said coffee but decided to have some cereal and ate and drank as we watched the sun rise. at 710am we left the guest house saying goodbye to Tommy and got in the car and drove it was 4.5 degrees and felt it. The views going out were more amazing going out with the sun going up and I totally recommend a trip to Cumbria if anyone gets over here.

We made it to Etihad stadium in Manchester at 940 just as the Aussie bus was pulling in as well. Now normally I would go into full stalker fan mode but Sylva was there for work (Roo Crew stuff) so I couldn't do anything stupid. I took a few photos while the warm up was on but when the cameras were asked to leave I put mine away too and just admired the view and tried to work out who was and wasn't playing which if you go to training enough for any team you eventually work it out. I asked the media manager if I could get a few fan pic at the end he said I could get one or two so I decided I'd ask Billy.

Once training was finished at 1230 Billy came off the field and I asked him to hold the sign and he was giggling and said that was a great idea then once all the guys had gone to get changed we stood to the side and Sylva got the photos she needed and I must say some look really good...I had a photo taken with Cooper and I must say it's proberly the best EVER photo I've had with him..I didn't want to ask him about my sign as I know his a bit funny holding stuff so I told him to have a good day

Cam said he had seen the photos on twitter I had got with the other boys and my sign and told me they looked really good (u gotta love twitter right) then told me to have a good trip. When all the guys had left we got in the car and drove drove and drove we stopped for a rest break and went to get petrol but the guy was shutting it down (who does that) so we had to find another petrol station further down the road. There were accidents and just general traffic caos the further down we got. We got to about 1/2 hour outside of Bristol and we were around 2 hours behind time so I figured it would be better to check in and catch a taxi to the game. We arrived in Bristol at at 715 checked. We arrived at the ground 805pm just On kick off. Amazing. The funny thing was as we walked in this random guy as me if I was Sally or Stormymay I said yes he introduced himself as Ian Muddy Waters I'd been chatting to him about this game for nearly 6 months it was just crazy he was at the same gate

We had seats in the grand stand and we chatted to some locals the game was pretty good with the USA winning. We waited in the rain for the cookies to come at and we were going to wait for the USA but they were taking too long

Got back to the hotel said goodbye to Sylva as she was going to more games while tomorrow I'm off to London

It's been a long day and I need sleep. NIGHT

Posted by stormymay 09:38 Archived in United Kingdom

Email this entryFacebookStumbleUpon

Table of contents

Be the first to comment on this entry.

Comments on this blog entry are now closed to non-Travellerspoint members. You can still leave a comment if you are a member of Travellerspoint.

Enter your Travellerspoint login details below

( What's this? )

If you aren't a member of Travellerspoint yet, you can join for free.

Join Travellerspoint