A Travellerspoint blog


semi-overcast 11 °C

Day3 and 4

So last night was the open ceremony of the World Cup made it to Millennium stadium right at 130 after getting lost..well not lost just went to the wrong door found my seat and got settled in for the afternoon

The ceremony was pretty impressive from a mixture of dance to disco music and a whole heap of Tom Jones lol ok one song but it felt like more then the League started and England started really well but in the end Australia was Victorious woohoo

After the game I was heading back to my hotel and saw the Aussie boys walking back to their hotel as well so I took my chance to go see them. one of the trainers told me the boys had a meeting to go to and get changed all which took then about 20 minutes but I could wait in the lobby I and a few other die hards or lol stalkers (as everyone knows me as) waited while most of the players came out of the training room

I got photos with a lot of the guys but also missed a few but it doesn't matter..in the end after waiting for about 1/2 hour Cam JT and Sam Thaiday came back to the hotel in a taxi Later cause all three had stuff to do after the game due to being Capt MOM and injured I spoke to Cam who loved that I came and loved the sign and we chatted for about 5 minutes I'm still impressed he knows my name then I chatted to sammy and JT who were happy to chat.

I was just about to leave when the Doctor of the Storm and Australian doctor Tony Aoub came out and he laughing chatting to a trainer he looked at me and did a double take he came back to chat and asked how I was where I was going how long had I been over for and told me to be careful and have a great time...long story short back in Feb when the storm got back from the world club challenge I was catching a taxi home from the airport when Tony got left behind by the storm bus (as u do) and his phone was still on an English sim so he couldn't use it..I let him use my phone and while he waited for them to ring back we chatted about everything and he said he was the Aussie doc and I said I was coming on holiday at the end of the year...every time I have seen him this year at training or the pres ball he has asked me about it and when he saw me last night he was excited.

As I was leaving Nate Myles asked me if I'd seen his friends...how am I ment to know who you friends are lol I walked outside but stopped cause of a shower and Robbie Farah and the Morris twins and Jarryd Hayne were going out to get food I can't stop lol now as Robbie did a little dance to the music across the road..it is definitely something I won't be able to un see lol

When I got back to the hotel finally I packed for Warrington today

When I woke up clocks went back so it was light at 7 am instead of 8 like the first two days..I had a tour at the Millenium stadium at 10am so I left early for a walk and ended up in the town centre which I'd been to before the last time I came with my family...I don't remember any of it last time so this time it was really pretty and they were putting Christmas decorations up I went to the castle which for 9 am was closed but went on the lawn and took photos then made my way to the stadium where the tour went to the dressing rooms for the away and the home teams the away team being Australia...it was still set up a bit but they had put welsh jersey in the cubicles the tour also went to the coaches box the presidential box and the WRU corporate suite which can be brought for a whopping £100000 a year

Currently on the way to Warrington to watch the Nz team face Samoa hopefully on time

The ground was amazing standing in the standing terrace was an experience they're are like a soccer crowd who sing like soccer fanatics but love league.. The botched Sonny Bill try was down my end and pretty much right in front of me I couldn't stop laughing. After the game I met up friends to wait for the players I met up with all the Samoans except Junior Sau...I still don't know where he went or even if he came out. I talked to Junior Moors and made him hold my sign but nearly got hit by are car in the car park and he had to leave so no second on shame but not the end of the world. The Kiwis came out one at a time and Jesse B spotted me first and came over and said Hi he had see the photo of me and Cam and wanted to know if I was trying to get them al. I told him it wasn't anything official but since I was here in the country I may as well try so he posed with the sign then wish me good luck with my trip after that it was a short walk back to my hotel The Pattern arms where I'm sure I heard ghosts ...I had an end room noone past me in the corridor but their were noises all night in the walls and the corridor lol I did sleep though so that's ok

Anyway off to Rochdale by train tomorrow to see Sisa Play Can't wait

Posted by stormymay 00:20 Archived in United Kingdom

Email this entryFacebookStumbleUpon

Table of contents

Be the first to comment on this entry.

Comments on this blog entry are now closed to non-Travellerspoint members. You can still leave a comment if you are a member of Travellerspoint.

Enter your Travellerspoint login details below

( What's this? )

If you aren't a member of Travellerspoint yet, you can join for free.

Join Travellerspoint